Esparsos e parcos apontamentos

domingo, dezembro 04, 2005

Nightmares

I’m sure that most of you are bilingual, trilingual and so on. So, I’m opening an exception posting today in English so that everybody can understand. I hope this time I get more comments…

As you know I’ve just arrived in Luxembourg, which by the way is not a city in Germany (stole your line, R.), but rather a country with so many people as my neighbourhood back in Brazil. I’m pretty sure that if you tell a Chinese about the Luxembourgish, he most certainly ask you in which hotel are they staying!


Well, I arrived here last Monday beneath a rain and snow mixture that really damped my feet and soul. Prepared for a good night sleep in a quite hotel, I ended up in the local Youth Hostel surrounded by rowdy teenagers from France and Germany. To make things worse, my reservation grated me a room in a full four-bed dorm in the basement. Fortunately, the beer was ok and I had some cigs to help me sleep.

Some thirty minutes passed between these thoughts and getting back to the cafeteria with a French Greenpeace activist with an exhausted halo, an Australian mate lost in Europe for the past ten months and a kid from Seattle with long eyebrows and a fair smile.

Well, I combined the search for a room to rent for with the discovering of the city. Later at night, a British pissed-off young man joined us and leaded the way through the bars. We drank the last pint listening to a local band playing some Miles Davis revisited-upbeat-4-to-4 tunes.

Everything was going fine with Luxembourg when the nightmares came. Don’t think that this a normal thing like dreaming about having your pockets full of cane sugar or imagining yourself navigating in a sea of mayonnaise. Some of you might remember a certain pineapple once haunted me in other latitudes. Well, last night my coat started to exhale the same scent that local sausages. And, as if that wasn’t enough, it started giving me orders in German, as if I understand anything he tells me anyway… now I can’t wear it anymore, I’m gonna have to slice it and eat it with mustard!

You are all invited to come to my place, it was a big coat, now it is certainly a big sausage and there is a piece for everyone.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

it's always nice to comment friends in a foreign country :D

Moira Encantada

4/12/05 20:35

 
Anonymous Anónimo said...

i agree with moira encantada,and i hope,like the song "everething is gonna be all rigth"

yura (brr)

5/12/05 18:47

 
Anonymous Anónimo said...

realmente.. grande pesadelo!!
só de imaginar.. já estou enjoada com o cheiro. olha que essa capacidade de sonhar com cheiros é rara!
mas o convite fica um pouco empestado, não?! :)

13/12/05 11:17

 

Enviar um comentário

<< Home